In the pages of history, the city of Rishikesh is one of the most beautiful Himalayan valleys and has always clenched religious and spiritual notability. The holy river Ganges passes through this divine Himalayan valley purifying the city of Rishikesh. Our city gains traction from a diverse populace as it covers a large spectrum of human interests. A religious clan that comes here for devotion is just as happy as a clan that comes for adventure sports, welcoming everyone with open arms.
In today’s write-up, we will highlight the best places to visit in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand near our hotel that you can explore while staying with us.
The first one honor list of the top tourist attractions is:
- Ram Jhula
– One of the most famous spots in Rishikesh that offers a magnificent panoramic view of the city with the river Ganga flowing in between the local settlements and celestial temples. It is close to our hotel within a walking distance. From all our rooms, you can delve into the beautiful lights of this bridge at night.
– Tourists like to click pictures on the bridge as the bridge looks brilliant in the evening when the lights of the bridge are switched on. It’s a perfect place for photographers.
– Tourists also enjoy the markets present on both sides of Ram Jhula, where you can find attractive local stuff, energy healing crystals and much more.
- Parmarth Niketan
– A stay with us will serve your eyes a celestial glory. The room of our hotel faces the magnificent Parmarth Niketan, which looks surreal during the evening. You can visit it and enjoy the evening aarti with your loved ones.
– It is one of the largest ashrams in the area, and a top yoga centre residing on the banks of the graceful river Ganges, existing for over 70 years now.
– Founded in 1942 by Swami SukdevanandaSaraswati, this ashram is open to all without any discrimination.
– Every evening the Ganga Aarti and a hawan are performed at Parmarth Niketan which makes it one of the favourite spiritual spots amongst tourists.
– Many travellers visit this ashram for ayurvedic treatments, yoga and meditation. If you are planning for a vacation, this is amongst the best places to visit in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
- Beatles Ashram
– Also known as ‘Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram’ or ‘ChaurasiKutiya’ is also nearby our property and is a very popular ashram once visited by the pop band ‘The Beatles’ in 1968.
– Tourists are enticed by the history of this ashram. The Beatles came here to seek nirvana and practice meditation, and the songs they wrote here made them world-famous.
– Now, it has become one of the famous tourist places in Rishikesh for the cool graffities made on the walls of the ashram. It is a broken structure and has been kept that way for authenticity.
- Laxman Jhula
– It is also similar to Ram Jhula; this bridge is very ancient and holds a great mythological significance.
– At the same time, people love clicking pictures here in the evening and singing songs on the ghats around the bridge.
– This spot attracts youth because of the hippie vibe the surrounding areas provide.
These are the most famous tourist places near Rishikesh that you must add to your itinerary. Rishikesh has an unmatchable vibe complemented with comfort as there are a plethora of accommodation options. Book the best hotel in Rishikesh, The Neeraj Ganga Heritage Palace, to experience the ultimate amalgamation of leisure and spirituality.